13 December 2007

"This Post Came Prematurely" Or, "Things with More Appeal.16"


Tuesday night, I went to a preview screening, as us Hollywood hot shots do. It was for a flick called Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and I laughed my balls off. Clean off! Since the movie is a comedy, this is a good thing.

Speaking of clean balls (once you see the movie, you'll realize that segue was completely apropos),
Jason Segel wrote and stars in it. Since he's always played the "best friend" character in everything from Freaks and Geeks to Knocked Up, I wasn't sure what to expect from him in the lead role-- particularly one he'd written for himself. I'm happy to report he came through, and I can't wait to see what's next for him. But, I'm still not going to watch How I Met Your Mother.

FSM is the next R-rated comedy slated to be released from Judd Apatow's company,
Apatow Productions. Right now, it's set to come out May 30th next year. I realize that's ages away, so it's quite the blogtease to be posting about this movie now. Still though, the release date means that once everyone is tired of repeating lines from Walk Hard, Sarah will be out just in time to give moronic frat boys something else to reference when they're taking breaks from blowing each other.

The Apatow connection is more than enough street cred to get a lot of asses in the seats. But, in case you're a re-re and that still isn't enough, Paul Rudd, Bill Hader and Jonah Hill are in it too. Oh, and if you have a heterosexual penis, that bitch from Veronica Mars is in it as well, along with Meg Griffin. Plus, Liz Cackowski of Jeannie Tate fame! Freakin' sweet, no?

No comments: